The 3 mistakes of my life..

Reading '5 point someone' was not a bad experience, but 'one night at call centre' was a waste of couple of hours i spent on reading it. And now CB is back with his 3rd book(some people call it 3rd mistake of his life). I won't go into the detail of the story. A lot has been said and written about it already.
When I read first few pages, i wanted to like it. Even tough the plot reminded me of 5.sum1, especially the struggle in life of young people who want to prove themselves, I liked it when he showed his prospective about religion and politics in our country. Also, he narrated the cricket episodes in such a way which show that cricket is also a religion in our country. But few more pages proved me wrong. Everything is messed up. Eathquake, cricket, a foreign trip, Gujrat roits, a love affair, business. It is more like a bollywood melodramatic cum romantic cum action movie. The end is just too dramatic. The last scenes (ya, not pages) have too much of unnecessary violence. And I am amazed (not pleasantly) that those 3 guys wanted to save a small guy because they saw him as a future batsman in Indian cricket team and not because they had some sympathy with him that he is a small muslim boy whose parents have been killed. What if he was not a cricketer in making, not a national treasure as they saw him? Would they have sacrificed him? CB's this way of patriotism disappointed me.
Nevertheless, I liked the description of political parties, their attitude and their stand on religion.
You have read this articleBooks with the title The 3 mistakes of my life... You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2008/08/3-mistakes-of-my-life.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Saturday, August 9, 2008

Comments "The 3 mistakes of my life.."

Post a Comment