Of books and books..

Reading is fun! I had some books added to my list in past few months - not in the same order as below.

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga is the Man Booker Prize winner for the year 2008. He tells the story of an innocent mind that gets corrupted by money and even murders for the money. It is good. The description of the situation in villages is touching. Yes, it does speak about ‘the dark’ India but that’s how Indians in villages live. Contrary to the normal stories, the bad guy lives happily ever after. I don't know he was actually happy or not, but at least police couldn't catch him. A realistic ending?

I laid my hands on another Paulo Coehlo book. Brida is a book with a different story. Really different. Nice philosophy, as always. I understood the first half. But when the girl in the story started understanding things, this girl stopped understanding the story. It was a bit too complicated for me and the philosophy a bit difficult to handle. Maybe if I read it once more, I will understand the concept of soulmates better.

Who inspired Danny Boyle to make Slumdog Millionaire? Yes, Q&A by Vikas Swarup is the book behind Slumdog Millionaire. Plot- you would have already heard about it! The twists and the questions are different in book. I didn’t like it much. By the way,  I feel Slumdog Millionaire is much hyped. Loved the Music; it’s magical. A.R. Rahman rocks! Jai Ho! But this one and this too are my favourites by the genious musician.

It was like living my childhood again when I read Aesop’s Fables by Aesop and The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. Mowgli was my childhood hero. I have some precious memories with this serial. Too precious. Here's the song I still love humming.

The short stories by O Henry are good. Lovely. It’s fun reading them. The Gift of the Magi is my favourite. Jeff and Andy stories also kept me involved and then there are many others. I have not finished reading all the 100 that I have.  

These days I am reading short stories by Oscar Wilde. He writes beautifully. I liked all the stories I have read so far. Each one of his stories is so beautifully written that I have fallen in love with his writings. I just wish I could meet him. Must say, I am impressed. I also read some of his poems. They are also wonderful! 

I wanted to read something funny and got nice reviews on this one. So, I started reading The Dilbert Future by Scott Adam. Some of the comic scripts are good. He thinks everything is funny. Read around 200+ pages and then gave up. I didn’t like it. Sometimes, to me his humour came as sadism. 

I added Mein Kampf (means My Struggle) in my list. I read some 100 and odd pages of this book. It’s all history! Not that I didn’t expect it to be a history book. I plan to read it sometime in this year! 

I also tried to read The Fountain Head again! It always turns my head upside down. I should read it sometime in future. It’s almost a year now! 

Between the Assassinations by Aravind Adiga is in the queue. Not in a mood to read something serious these days. So, didn’t start reading it yet.

I want to read P.S. I love you by Cecilia Ahern. A friend told the movie ‘PS, I love you’ is too good. I prefer reading the book! Gonna buy it this week!

I read a small story this weekend. Writing about it, the way I want to, needs some effort and time. And when I write about it, I will also reveal the name of the story I will be reading next. :)

You have read this articleBooks with the title Of books and books... You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2009/03/of-books-and-books.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Sunday, March 1, 2009

Comments "Of books and books.."

Post a Comment