A weekend with books..

“Hey! I read Anything for you ma’am by Tushar Raheja. I loved it! Read it when you have time,” a friend said more than 2 years back. Last Saturday when I was standing among 10000s of books, I decided to take this one. A bollywood stuff; and it kept me gripped! It’s about journey of Tejas studying in IIT-Delhi to meet the girl he loves, Shreya, who lives in Chennai; about his plans; his experiences; about how Mr. Fate intervenes and switches sides to make his life adventurous. It’s funny. Never have I laughed like this reading a book. All characters just fit so very well - loving family, helpful friends, amusing doctor, understanding professors (!), interesting fellow passengers. And yes, he really loved her! At the end, I have only this to say ‘Hey! I read Anything for you ma’am by Tushar Raheja. I loved it! Read it when you have time.’

Almost a year back, or a little more, I read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini on recommendation of a friend. It’s a story, staged in Afghanistan, of Hassan, in words of his childhood companion, Amir. He tells how he betrays Hassan in the toughest of his times. After years, he returns back filled with guilt, and discovers facts which really shocked not only him, but me too. It’s touching. Never had I cried like that reading a book! Only the hardest of hearts will not move on reading it. It’s unforgettable. A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author is equally touching. It’s about Mariam, her childhood and her marriage at the age of 15 with Rasheed whose age is some 30 years more than her. It’s about Laila, who is born in Mariam’s neighbourhood. It tells how wars and changing political situation impact Laila’s life who just wants to live and enjoy the life given by God. It was a surprise, and not a pleasant one, to know how Mariam and Laila are related to each other. It’s well written and full of emotions. Both these books by Khaled Hosseini are, without a doubt, worth taking time even out of busy schedules.
You have read this articleBooks with the title A weekend with books... You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2009/03/weekend-with-books.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Comments "A weekend with books.."

Post a Comment