Meeting your heroes



By John Jude Palencar

Merry Christmas everyone. A few years ago I had the opportunity to stop by Andrew Wyeth's home. No - I don't know Mr. Wyeth personally but I did sit in his driveway with fellow Wyeth-nut and art instructor Ralph Giguere from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pa. (Great School BTW). I was a "Visiting Artist" at the University. These pics of Andy's home were taken a couple of years before he passed away. I did meet Jamie many years ago and I always thought I would get to meet his father.

Some how I think it was for the better that I never met him..... he will always remain mysterious and larger than life in my imagination.


JJP
You have read this article with the title Meeting your heroes. You can bookmark this page URL http://teamcolors.blogspot.com/2010/12/meeting-your-heroes.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Sunday, December 26, 2010

Comments "Meeting your heroes"

Post a Comment